Dermatology Associates has dedicatedly served residents of Winchester, Virginia since 1967 when Dr. H. Brian Landes founded a small Dermatology practice at 133 W. Boscawen Street. With the aid of only one assistant, Dr. Landes served the needs of his community until the exponential growth of his practice compelled Dr. Landes to search for an associate. Dr. C. Stuart Buchanan joined the practice in July of 1970, and with his assistance the practice continued to grow, resulting in the practice becoming incorporated and assuming the name Dermatology Associates, Inc. With its incorporation, the practice relocated to 1220 Amherst Street, and took on two new associates, Drs. Maria Bogaert and Frederick Wenzel, both of whom would become owners of the practice.
Although Drs. Landes and Buchanan have retired since then, Dermatology Associates Inc. has continued to expand, welcoming two additional owners, Dr. Stephen Flax in 2000, and Dr. Michael Mathieu in 2001. After 25 years of continued growth, Dermatology Associates, Inc. again relocated, this time to its current location on 1514 Amherst Street where the practice continues to serve the Winchester community and its neighboring towns of Front Royal and Martinsburg. 2017 marks yet another milestone for Dermatology Associates, Inc. as the practice reaches its 50th year of operation. Even though Dermatology Associates, Inc. has changed its size and location over those 50 years, it has neither changed its values nor its mission, and continues its time-honored commitment to serving the community by providing high-quality, compassionate healthcare that patients can trust.